Tuesday, April 15, 2014

A Little Owl "Pin"spiration!!!

 
So today over at Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration, we have a really fun project idea going on.  We are to pick a project from Pinterest that inspires us and recreate it to make it our own.  WOW!  Can I just say this was hard.  I have so many things that inspire me, so can you image how hard it was to narrow it down. I came across the card that I had pinned a while back, created by StampZone.  One of the things I liked about this card, was how cute but simple it was and that she had used the owl punch in a cute fun way, like he was poking out of the tree.  I wanted to recreate this card, but put my own twist on it for a kids birthday card. 
Peek-a-Boo Valentine
 I did change a few things from the sample above.  I used a circle shape in the tree instead of a heart.  Instead of the banner across the corner, I create a bunch of balloons.

 
And here is my final recreation of my "pin"spiration card.  One of the things I really enjoyed was breaking out my owl punch and putting it back to work.  I fogot how fun it was to use.  I had my owl peaking out of the tree a little more cause he is holding on to the bunch of balloons.
 

 
On the inside, I created a second bunch of balloons and placed them in the corner to leave room for my birthday greeting.
 
Supplies Used
Cardstock ~ early espresso, whisper white, melon mambo, Bermuda bay, crushed curry, soft suede, basic black
Ink ~ Bermuda bay
Punches ~ owl, 3/4" circle punch
Misc. ~ white bakers twine, woodgrain folder,
Stamp set ~ morning meadow

1 comment :

brrenwick said...

Cute, cute, ca-YOOT! I love the bright balloons!