Thursday, July 10, 2014

A Little Bit Old & New - SSINK Blog Hop!

 
Good morning!  Thanks for joining me here at Ink a Doodle Creations.  Today I am over at Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration and we are celebrating our first Blog Hop!!  We are sharing projects using something OLD and something NEW!  I hope you will take a few minutes and come visit all of our design team members to see what projects they have created.
 
As you hop along, please be sure to comment and show some love on every blog! We are always excited to hear from our followers! You should have just left stop number #5 on the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Blog Hop - Donna S. of Organized Chaos . If so, you are in the right spot. If a link doesn't work or you get off track, you will find the full blog hop lineup below.
 
Its fun to look back over the years of my stamping career and look at all the many different stamp sets I've had.  Some I've used a lot and some not so many times.  I could have gone back and pulled out one that was really old, but the one I chose to use, is for me, one that I will continue to use for a long time, cause mason jars will always be around.  Rather in stamping, drinking from (if you are a Southern and like your sweet tea) or just for decorating with or canning in.  Mason jars will forever be popular.
 
 
For my something OLD, I chose to use the retired Perfectly Preserved bundle.  I just love the cute little mason jar.  For my something NEW, I went with Papillon Potpourri.  The cute butterflies coming out of the jar is so cheerful!  I accented the front by embossing my crumb cake with the woodgrain folder and added some cut burlap and rich razzleberry cotton ribbon.

 
I think my favorite part is the natural twine wrapped around the jar lid and finished off with a cute melon mambo button.
 
I hope you have enjoyed my blog hop project!  Leave some "love", and head over to stop #7 with Kim R. of Stamping with Kim.  I just know you will love her creation!
http://rydenkim.blogspot.com/2014/07/ssinkspiration-blog-hop.html
 
 
 

6 comments :

Unknown said...

I really like how you made the butterflies look like they are flying out of the jar. The burlap adds just the right extra touch.

Erica Bass said...

Love Love Love the butterflies coming out of the jar!!!

Cynthia Ferenz said...

Love it!

Diana Eichfeld said...

Such a cute card! I love all the little elements that are so much fun.

Kathy Peck said...

Cute card. I love how the butterflies are flying out of the jar.

Kim Ryden said...

LOVE your card today! I should have never sold that jar...it's super cute!!