Friday, July 4, 2014

Celebrating the USA with a Star!

 
Good morning!  Its Friday, Friday, Friday and its 4th of July, so Happy Birthday USA!!  Today I am over at Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration and we are sharing projects to help celebrate this special day!  Like many, I will be celebrating with yummy food, visiting with family and friends and ending the day with some nighttime fireworks!!

 
My card today is a special 3-D Triangle Star Card.  A little tricky yes, but the end results was so worth it.  My inspiration came from a card I saw in Pinterest.  Click HERE for directions.  I will admit, they were a little difficult to follow and I just had to wing it, but it turned out a ok!
 
I don't really have any patriotic DSP, so I used the closest I had, Martime.  The coastal cabana sheet is perfect with the little stars.  I also used real red and night of navy.

 
On the inside, I used stamped in night of navy the smallest star in the Be a Star stamp set and cut them out using the matching star framelit set.

 
The outside has a simple star in real red with a night of navy one behind it.  I stamped "happy birthday" in coastal cabana and cut it out with a banner tail on each end and layered on top the star.  Some added bling, and my 4th of July celebration card is done. 
 
Supplies Used
Cardstock ~ real red, night of navy, whisper white
Ink ~ night of navy, real red, coastal cabana
DSP ~ martime
Stamp sets~ be a star, and many more
Misc. ~ star framelits, basic rhinestones, banner punch
 
I hope you have enjoyed my triangle star card and it INKspires you to go create your own version.  Don't forget to leave some "love" and go visit our main blog to see what the other design team members have created!!

1 comment :

Regina said...

Cynthia, a happy safe 4th of July!
Your card has a cheerful look and I love the folds style of card!
Wish you a wonderful evening!
Regina*