Monday, July 28, 2014

Happy Birthday with FabFri46 & HSS190

Good Monday morning!  Time to start a new week and what better way to do that, than with a challenge or maybe even two challenges all into one!  Love it when I can combined a color challenge and a sketch challenge together.  Double the fun, right?!  Todays card is for the color challenge at Fab Friday and the sketch challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments.  Check out what I came up with! 
 
 
So you'll be surprised when I say the first thing I started out with was the punched out glimmer paper in circles.  I used up some scrap pieces of silver glimmer paper, punched them out in circles of 1", 3/4" and 1/2", then I colored them with my strawberry slush, daffodil delight and coastal cabana markers.  They turned out AWESOME!!!
 
The dotted background is from the Confetti DSP pack.  I even got creative with my gold polka dotted washi tape. I colored it using my lightest shade of daffodil delight and med. shade of coastal cabana blendabilities.  I love how universal these things are.  I used the stamp set "Bravo" and "And Many More" for my sentiments. 
 
Supplies Used
 
I hope you have enjoyed my take on these two great challenges.  Leave some "love" and come back tomorrow.  I have my individual post over at Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration, where I will be showing how I created the fun and easy note card box from yesterdays Christmas in July post, but with a new design. 

3 comments :

Marla Reed said...

Hi Cynthia! I LOVE your idea to color the washi tape with the Blendabilities. I hadn't thought of trying that. The colored glimmer paper is awesome too. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday!

Brian King said...

Cynthia, Such a cute use of the colors! Love the Blendability Washi Tape! Thanks for playing along with the FabFriday challenge!

Amanda Mertz said...

Cool to know about the washi tape and Blendabilities! Will have to give it a try! The sentiment as the focal panel works great with these bright colors! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!