Monday, September 1, 2014

A Little Fall Color Challenge Fun w/ #SSINKCC13

 
Good Monday morning! Its Labor Day and I hope everyone is off from work (with pay) and has plans to sit back relax and enjoy their day!  As this post goes up at 8am, I will be just getting back from a 9 mile training run, then its off to my craft room to play, play and play some more!
 
Today over at Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration, we are starting September off with our Color Challenge.  I have to say, that this is one of my favorite color combo challenges yet.  It makes me think of Fall.  Here is Virginia the last of weeks, we have begun to see some early Fall weather.  We've been waking up to low cool 60 weather and nice evenings too.  This has certainly not been a tradition August month for us.
 
For our color challenge, I decided to create a tradition scrapbook page.  Yes, they are still around.  I know a lot of people are headed in the direction of project life or digital scrapbooking, but not this old girl.  I'm a true blue, old fashioned hands on scrapbooker.  All ways have, all ways will be.  For me, its the creating and the hands on that I love so much.  I really get to dive in and use my stash of goodies!  I used my banner framlet set in combo with the little letters set to create the "Fall" banner across the bottom of my page.  I will use the left over letters to create another project with.  This girl doesn't throw away very useful things....I recycle and reuse!  (card to come later this week, don't forget to come back)

 
I used our colors of rich razzleberry, calypso coral and hello honey to stamp and cut out the leaves from the For All Things stamp set.  I don't have pictures yet, but this will be a 1 of 2 page spread for our family Fall pictures.  I used the On Film framelit set for the photo boxes in early espresso.

 
To decorate my background layer of sahara sand, I lightly inked up my chevron folder and stamped with it in different areas.  I also used the acorn stamp and stamped with sahara sand too.  The two leaf clusters are finished off with a gold basic metal button tied with some natural twine.
 
Supplies Used
Cardstock ~ sahara sand, early espresso, whisper white
Ink ~ rich razzleberry, calypso coral, hello honey, early espresso, sahara sand
Stamp Set ~ For All Things
Framelit Sets ~ on film, word bubbles, little letters
Misc. ~ gold twine, natural twine, gold basic metal buttons, chevron embossing folder
 
Now that you've seen my project for our color challenge, leave some "love" and go see what our other design team members have created, then run to your craft room and create something fun yourself to enter into our challenge.  Your pictures can either be posted to our facebook group labeled tagged with #ssinkcc13 or linked thru our main blog page.  Either way, we can't wait to see your project.

4 comments :

Pam Steckman said...

I love this page! You did an awesome job and I really like the chevron folder inked up in the background!

Kathy Peck said...

This layout is gorgeous. I love the leaves. I can think of a number of pictures that would look great on this.

Unknown said...

Love how you used the color challenge for a scrapbook page, now you all ready for fall! I love every element!!!

Kim Ryden said...

This page is so cute! I have to create a fall layout for my Scrapbook Club that is tomorrow night. You have given me some good ideas!!