Monday, September 8, 2014

Fall Leaves Card Sketch Challenge #SSINKCS13

 
Good Monday morning!  Today I'm over at Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration and its time for our Card Sketch Challenge.  Head on over, check out the details and play along with us. 

Here is our sketch...

and here is what I came up with.  I have Fall on the brain cause I am so ready for the changing of the weather from blistering hot and humid to cooler weather.  Now that I'm starting to get up in miles for my half marathon training, cooler weather would be greatly appreciated!  I also enjoy the changing of the colors.  So glad I live in a state where I get to enjoy all four seasons.
 
So I am just in love with the For All Things stamp set.  Its our new fall stamp set from the holiday mini catalog.  There are pros and cons though.  The one con I have, is that I wish the leaf coordinated with the size of the matching leaf on the Big Shot Die, autumn accents, but it doesn't...but...if you look closely at my card you will see that my leaves have the same watercolor look as the leaves in the stamp set.  Here is what I did.  I cut out three leaves from the autumn accents die and used the square like stamp from the set and stamped over the leave shape.  This gives me a larger leaf that I don't have to fussy cut out and the same watercolor look.

I noticed that after I took the pic late last night, that my one tail of the ribbon is caught on the paper and it was at the top.  Not a big deal, but I'm sure someone noticed it already!!! 
 
Supplies Used
 
I hope you have enjoyed my card sketch project.  Leave some "love" and head over to see what the other design team members have created.  I hope you will get inkspired to come create with us in the challenge.

No comments :