Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Just Bite Me!! PCCCS108

Well I would say good morning like normal, but for todays challenge project, its a good evening.  Its totally throwing me off!  Today I wanted to play along with the fun sketch over at The Paper Craft Crew.  I thought I had until tomorrow to get it done, but I looked at the date wrong and well that it explains why I'm posting at 2:19pm.

Here is the sketch...
Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch #108 for September 3, 2014. #stampinup #cardchallenge #papercraftcrew

and here is my take on it...



Last year Stampin' Up! released an awesome Halloween Photopolymer stamp set called, "Bite Me".  Its one of my favorites as I am a Halloween gal and couldn't wait for the right challenge to come along so I could use it. 

My base is Crumb cake with an embossed layer with the larger polka dots folder.  I cut a strip and two 1-1/4" squares in crushed curry and sponged with in tangelo twist ink.  I made sure that when I stamped in web, it went over top the two squares for a little drama affect.  Turned out pretty cool!  I added three crushed curry candy dots to the top right corner and finished it off with a "happy Halloween" banner across the two layered squares.
 
Supplies Used
Cardstock ~ crumb cake, very vanilla, crushed curry, basic black
Ink ~ basic black, tangelo twist
Stamp set ~ Bite Me
Misc. ~ regal candy dots, polka dots folder, banner punch

I hope you have enjoyed my take on the sketch challenge.  Leave some "love", as I always enjoy reading your comments.  It motivates me to keep creating and having fun!

4 comments :

Kim Ryden said...

This card is freakin adorable! I love it!!!

Cynthia said...

Thanks Kim! It was so fun creating it!!

Jan said...

Such a cute card Cynthia! I love the contrast between the the yellow/ orange squares and side and the white central panel! We don't really do Halloween her in Australia but aim love this card! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Craft Crew this week :-)

Penny Hanuszak said...

What a fantastic spot light card Cynthia. I adore the inside too! TFS a great halloween card.