Thursday, October 2, 2014

Halloween Boots and Banners

 
I can not believe that 2014 has went by so fast that it's October and time to start thinking of Halloween.  Next thing you know, I will begin thinking of _ hri_ _ m_ s!  Nope I'm not ready and I'm not even gonna say let alone type it out!  I need my chocolate and turkey fix before that time is here!!
 
Today over at Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration, we are sharing some Halloween project ideas.  This past weekend I was lucky enough to spend three whole days and part of Thursday evening at a special weekend retreat I attend 2-3 times a year.  I was able to complete 28 scrapbook pages, my October club demo projects and a few upcoming projects for the SSINK design team.  This is the card I was able to complete.
 
 
Forever I have been wanting to order the Bootiful Occasion stamp set and forever I have been putting it off.  Well I can happily say "no more".  I finally purchased it and put it to use.  The witches boot is one of my favorites from it.  (stay tuned this week, as I will be sharing another one of my favorite boots from this set).  I created the base of my card so that it opens from the center.  Cut out some fun shapes using my framelites, stamped on the boot and did some simple coloring with my markers.  I cut out three different banners and stapled them to the front of my card.
 

 
On the inside, I also added three banners, making sure to leave lots or room for that hand written message.
 
Supplies Used
Cardstock ~ basic black, whisper white, tangerine tango
Ink ~ Bermuda bay, tangerine tango, crushed curry
Stamp set ~ Bootfiul Occasion
DSP ~ motley monsters
Misc. ~ banner punch, labels framelit set, circle framelit set, mini stapler
 
I hope you have enjoyed my Halloween card.  Leave some "love" and go check out what the other design team members have create!

No comments :