Sunday, January 18, 2015

Clean and Quick with CYCI#53

Good morning.  Hope everyone has been enjoying their weekend so far.  Hard to believe its Sunday already.  Make the most of it and go do something fun!  (NO cleaning, that's not fun!)  Today as you can tell, I'm paying around over at Can You Case It?  This weeks challenge is to create something "Clean and Quick".  Now normally this is hard for me, cause I love my layers and embellishment, but I'll have to say, its getting easier and easier.

 
Again, I am using the Butterfly Basics stamp set and butterfly framelit bundle.  I told you I am in love with this set.  Its so easy and fun to play around with.  You can't go wrong not matter what you do.  I started with very vanilla card base and added a layer using stampin demensionals to raise it up.  First of course, I stamped  the (what I call the honeycomb patterned) stamp three times close together in strawberry slush.  Then I stamped the butterfly (love the lacey pattern to it!) in blackberry bliss and cut it out using the matching framelit (NO fussy cutting at all!)  I also added a SS button to the center of the butterfly with some cut and shredded ribbon.  The happy birthday sentiment is stamped in smoky slate and I'm done.  Now you can't tell me that's not quick and easy?!
 
Supplies Used
 

4 comments :

Carolyn Lindenmayer said...

Love this set. I am a sucker for all butterflies. Your card is beautiful and clean. Carolyn xx

Helen Williams said...

I love this card so much, I would like to case it.
I have been bitten by the butterfly bug also.

Cynthia said...

Thanks ladies! Helen feel free to case away and link back to me if by u don't mind if you post to your own blog! Happy stampin

Terri said...

I really like this card Cynthia!