Monday, January 19, 2015

Creative Blog Hop!

Good morning and thank you for stopping by.  I want to send out a big Thank You to stampin' friend and all NEW Co-Designer at The Friday Mashup,  Amy Kunkle from {crazy}beYOUtiful.  She nominated me to participate in the Creative Blog Hop!  She has a fabulous blog, so be sure to go visit and leave some "love"!  Click HERE to go see her Creative Blog Hop project.

My project for the hop is....

 
This cute little treat bag that I created using the Mini Treat Bag Thinlit Die from the new 2015 Stampin' Up! Occasions catalog.

 
Now this thinlit is made to create more of a flat version treat holder but with a few adjustments  (demo's were given a bonus way to create with it in our special Stampin' Connection magazine), I was able to create more of a 3-D bag that stands up.  Patty Bennett put together a quick guide to help you create it.  The only thing I had trouble with was her score lines as far as placement when scoring.  If you place the edge flap at the 1/2" and score, but then slide that score line up to 3/4" you will get the correct lines in the right place.  I got confused with just thinking you scored at 1/2" and 3/4" but you have to shift, (lord I hope this makes since)
 
I created my bag using the Best Year Even DSP from the SAB catalog as well as stamping with the Best Day Ever SAB stamp set.  These items can be earned for FREE with any $50 min. order.


And now to answer the questions as part of the Blog Hop!

1.  What are you working on now?
well right now I am working on finishing up swaps for Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration.  The designers signed up to make swaps using items from the Occasions Catalog.  Maybe if you stop by next week, I'll have it up and ready to share!  I'm using the set, "for peeps sake"

2.  How does your work differ from others in your genre?
this is actually a pretty tough question and had to ponder a moment before answering.  I think everyone creates in their own and different way.  That's what makes it so fun to hop on Pinterest or flip thru magazines.  You get to enjoy all kinds of styles of papercrafting.  I actually turned to a friend to ask her what she thought my style was and she said, "A classic embellisher", LOL!  I agree with that cause I love layers.  I see a lot of single layered cards with only maybe one stamped image and one or two embellishments.  Where as I like 2-3 layers min. and ribbons/twines and buttons/candy dots...bling it up Scotty!!

3.  Why do you create what you do?
usually I am creating a project for one of the design teams that I am. Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration, Can You Case It? or The Friday Mashup.  I try to pick my project geared around someone's birthday that I know is coming up or maybe a fun Holiday that would make a cute/fun gift giving idea for my sons teachers.
4.  How does your creative process work?
I try to start with a sketch or color combo.  Once I have either or both, I then pick a stamp set that fits that and the occasion I am creating for.  Once that happens, normally, I say NORMALLY, everything kinda falls into place.  Now if I haven't had enough coffee, then no telling what's gonna get created and its no plan behind it at all!!!  LOL!!
 
Thanks again for stopping by to check out my Blog Hop project, leave some "love" and be sure to continue the Hop next week (Monday, January 26th)  and visit with Donna Smit at Organized Chaos and Kim Ryden at Stamping with Kim.  All three of us are co-designers over at Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration where we have daily inspiration posts and weekly challenges.  Be sure to come by and visit us!

Supplies Used
Cardstock ~ whisper white, coastal cabana
DSP ~ best year ever-SAB item
Stamp set ~ best day ever-SAB item
Misc. ~ wooden clothespins, white cotton ribbon, calypso coral pompom trim

1 comment :

Unknown said...

Cute Bag Cynthia! The pom pom trim is adorable too!!